A Number of Benefits:
- Preservation of the uterus
- Decrease in heavy menstrual bleeding from symptomatic fibroids
- Decrease in urinary dysfunction
- Decrease in pelvic pain and/or pressure
- Virtually no blood loss
- Typically performed as an outpatient procedure
- Offers a shorter hospital stay and a faster return to work when compared to having a hysterectomy2
- Safe procedure that involves minimal risk and fewer complications after 30 days when compared to having a hysterectomy2
- Overall, significant improvement in patient’s physical and emotional well-being
- Covered by most insurance companies
Don’t suffer in silence with fibroids. Instead, reclaim your life! Learn as much as you can about uterine fibroids and treatment options, work together with your family and healthcare team to make the best of your care, and take control of your life.
Is uterine fibroid embolization (UFE) right for me?
You may be a candidate for UFE if:
Uterine Fibroid Embolization is Effective!
90% of women participating in UFE avoided a hysterectomy
- Lohle, P. et al. Long term outcome of uterine artery embolization for symptomatic uterine leiomyomas. JVIR 2008; 19:319-326
- Spies J et al. Outcome of uterine embolization and hysterectomy for leiomyomas: results of a multicenter study. American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology 2004;191: 22-31.
© Merit Medical, Used With Permission.