When living with symptomatic uterine fibroids, you want the best care to ease those symptoms. There is a broad range of possible treatments available. However, ensuring they are effective requires the skill of an expert in fibroid treatments. That’s why 1Fibroid is a favored supplier of fibroid treatments for women at our locations in Queens, and New York, NY.
How 1Fibroid Provides Exceptional Care For Its Patients
While most women will develop fibroids before they reach menopause, they generally appear without symptoms. If symptoms do appear, it’s important to have them monitored to track the development of these fibroids. Without symptoms, there’s no reason to receive pelvic ultrasounds specifically to track them; however, when symptoms begin to appear, it’s time to start determining if treatment is necessary.
1Fibroid provides a range of treatment options for fibroids, including:
- Maintenance Medications – There are a variety of pharmaceutical approaches to treating fibroids. Medication is generally the first approach before surgical options are considered. Current medications can only treat the symptoms associated with fibroids and will not eliminate them. As a result, they’re only effective for women with smaller fibroids. As they increase in size, new treatments may be considered.
- Treatment Medications – Some new treatment medications are currently being explored. Known as GnRH Agonists, these medications show the potential to temporarily reduce the size of fibroids. This reduction in size can limit heavy bleeding during menstruation. This is due to the ability of the medication to block the production of estrogen. Unfortunately, this medication has been shown to cause menopausal symptoms as a result, including bone loss over extended periods.
- Intrauterine Devices (IUDs) – Hormone-infused IUDs such as Mirena have been shown to be effective in easing symptoms associated with fibroids. The hormones in these devices can ease bleeding and potentially reduce the appearance of fibroids.
- Surgical Options – Our fibroid specialists can attempt surgical approaches when circumstances call for it. Hysterectomies remove the entire uterus and thus the source of the fibroids. However, this also comes with the consequence of being unable to have children. Myomectomy provides similar solutions but removes the fibroids while leaving the uterus more or less intact. This is a great surgical option for those looking to have children.
- Uterine Fibroid Embolization – This treatment is a minimally invasive procedure that blocks the blood flow to the fibroids. Deprived of the necessary oxygen and nutrients, the fibroids die and are reabsorbed. This leaves the uterus intact and doesn’t impact the ability of the patient to have children. Further, the treatment and recovery times are significantly shorter with this condition.
1Fibroid prides itself on providing a full range of treatment options for patients experiencing symptoms caused by uterine fibroids.
Call Us Today For A Consultation
If you’re looking for effective fibroid treatment, it’s time to reach out to 1Fibroid at our Queens or New York locations. We’ll schedule a consultation and exam and work with you to determine the treatment options that are right for you. We happy to serve you and help restore your quality of life after uterine fibroid symptoms.